The VSU Libraries Acquisitions Department acquires materials and resources necessary to advance Virginia State University’s scholarship and research.
What we do
The Acquisitions Department is responsible for acquiring materials in all formats, both physical and electronic, including:
- Ordering, claiming, receiving, preservation and payment of all library materials
- Receiving and processing newly acquired materials
- Serials check-in, control, organization and shelf preparation.
- Follow up as necessary to ensure that orders are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Payment of invoices for all library materials
In addition, the Acquisitions Department:
- Sets up and maintains electronic and serial subscriptions
- Manages incoming gifts (Currently there is a moratorium on accepting gifts)
- Maintains the highest ethical standards and excellent customer service with our buyers, vendors, and service providers
For more information about the Acquisitions Department, please contact LaTisha Lankford, Acquisitions Librarian via email or by telephone at (804.524.5740).