Books (Library Catalog)
Journals & Newspapers
HBCU Founding Documents
First Year Experience
How To Guides
University Library Departments
- Coordinates the selection and purchase of library materials.
- Provides and maintains access to all formats of library materials in the local collection as well as to digital information, both local and remote.
- Administers the circulating collection by checking books in and out.
- Evaluates and maintains a balance of library materials and resources. Patrons are encouraged to make suggestions for additions to the collection.
- The library is a partial depository of selected federal, state and municipal agencies.
- Requests materials for VSU patrons (except guests) from other libraries and sends JML materials out as part of an international cooperative agreement.
Library Instruction -
Provides individual and group instruction on research strategies. Also offers library tours.
Library Media Center
- Houses multimedia materials for viewing and listening.
Reference Services -
Provides a variety of services to assist users with their research needs.
- Provides access to the journal and newspaper collections.
Special Collections/University Archives
- A repository for rare books, historical documents, memoirs, artifacts and memorabilia pertaining to Virginia State University, Virginia history, Virginia educational history, and African-American history.
Copyright © VSU University Libraries.
All rights Reserved
Johnston Memorial Library | 1 Hayden Drive | Petersburg, Virginia 23806 | (804) 524-5040
Connect with us